May 6, 2008

Mama, I want to go home.

Ok, all done reading that book. Let's get ready for bed and give Daddy a kiss good-night.

Mama, I want to go home.

We are home, sweetie.

No, I want to go to my other house.

We don't live there anymore. We live in this house now. Your bed and books and toys are here now, remember?

But I want to go home, Mama.


This is harder than I thought it would be. Not just the sorting, the packing, the moving, the unpacking, but helping our children through the transition. And yes, we are very fortunate to have family to help us with ever aspect of this. But it's still really hard. Really hard.

Am I whining too much? Maybe I just need to suck it up and DO THIS already. Yes, it's hard. But life IS hard. There are lots of good things, too, but come on, how hard can life BE? I just ate leftover birthday cake for breakfast. There are people in Haiti eating dirt cakes because they are so hungry. We'll get through this. One day at a time, step by step, from one nap to another. Ha. Sometimes that's the only way I get through the day... No, not MY naps. I wish. Wild Thing and Ladybug's naps.

One of my clients is driving me crazy. That's normal, too, right?

Too many things going on. Too many things to keep track of. I need a vacation.

Oh wait. I may be getting one. A long one.

Oh God.

No comments: